Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Phonics Test

Parents,

Today we did phonics test 19 which focused on the letter e. I found that the kids had a really hard time with this test.

A lot of the kids missed knowing the letter sound of short e like in elephant or egg. They didn't know what sound it made or when I made the sound - they couldn't write the letter for it.

Also - most of the kids had trouble with the sight words get and into.

Please practice these at home!

I am going to make vowel flashcards to practice. These are the hardest to remember and they are having the most trouble with the vowels.


For next week's test the kids will have to identify letters and then tell me what sound those letters make. They will have the tell me what sound the letter y makes, circle and read sight words. Please practice words like yam, yet, best, yes, four, into, get, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment