- Z: We talked about the letter z.
- Math: Counted to the number 20 on our number line by pointing to the numbers. Some kids had trouble with math today. We had to count to the right number and draw enough circles to match what I told them and then write the number. If your child had trouble with this - I wrote a note on their paper. Please have them write out circles at home to match what you say and then the number for practice.
- Review Letters: We did a review test on the letters that we have already done! WOW was I impressed! Most of the kids got all of the letters correct and could write the correct letter under the picture. I usu sally don't give out O's. I gave out some today! I thought that it was such an OUTSTANDING job of remembering all of the letters and writing them down! If they missed one - they still got an S+.
- Writing: We wrote our first sentence in "a journal" today too! We talked about what they did in the snow this weekend and came up with a sentence they could all write. We wrote "I was in the snow". Then they had to draw a picture to match! We talked about periods, capital letters in the beginning of sentences and spacing with words/letters. They were very proud of their work! I was too!
100 DAY PROJECTS: I sent home a note about the 100 day Project that is coming up. Check out the slide show of the example projects. Please make your project unique and something that they would like to collect and do. I want the child to be helping as much as possible in the counting of the objects and their project!




No comments:
Post a Comment