Friday, October 9, 2009

Next Week: Aa

We will working on the letter Aa. This short vowel sounds like apple or alligator.

Phonics Assessment:

  1. Tell me a word that begins with /t/\
  2. Point to and tell me the names of every letter you know: h, g, l, o, t, p
  3. Circle the lowercase letter ___
  4. What sound does the letter make?
  5. Echo this sound ___. Write the lowercase letter that makes this sound.
  6. Circle the word ____.
  7. Point to and tell me the sounds that you know: h g l o t
  8. Code and read this word.

We will be working and talking about Christopher Columbus (Monday) and Fire Safety (Tuesday). We will go to the Fire Safety House on Tuesday. Please make sure that I have your form completed and turned in. I think I am missing a few!

Homework:

Each night - please review flashcards of letters and sounds.

Fire Safety HW: Talk about each part on the dog. Review your address and phone number.

Aa HW: Please do not cut pictures from the papers we do in class. I would like you to find/draw pictures that you find. I want the ideas to come from your child not from the work I have already done! Thanks for understanding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment