This next few weeks will be busy!
We are testing on sight words this week. I sent home a list of all 22 words for your child to study! They should be able to read the word within 3 seconds to be considered "fluent".
Reading these words fluently will make them a better reader!
We've been working on blending letters together to make words.
Here is a link to my shared site. I've included a few power points on there that you could do at home with your child! You could practice these instead of doing paper flashcards! :)
http://www.4shared.com/folder/lQ5-SLBz/Powerpoints.html
This week we'll be working on the letter Nn.
We'll be starting to add soon. Look for flashcards to come home in the next few weeks.
(By the end of Kindergarten, they need to be able to add and subtract fluently)
How are the books working out for HW? Please let me know your thoughts! :)
Please send back in the conference times that you'd like! I'll be making out a schedule on a first come, first serve basis.
Have a great weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment