Over the weekend, I would like EVERY child to practice writing their name. Practice it several times.
They need to be able to write it independently .
I cannot begin our Kindergarten work without the kids knowing how to recognize and write their name.
If your child went to the Lincoln Kindergarten Screening Day in May, I sent home a name paper back in May! I have also sent home papers for you to practice over the weekend. Use the 4shared site to download and print more. If your child is a new child to our school, I might not have their paper uploaded yet. Email me or contact me and I will get it uploaded!
The kids will write their name SEVERAL times a day on each thing they do. They need to know how to write it properly and independently.
Thank you for helping in this.
Tips to help:
- Talk about the starting points in the house : attic, house (ceiling to floor) and Basement
- Use a highlighter to show starting and stopping points, or to show what part of the letter to do first
- Put your hands on top of theirs to show them how it feels to make that letter
Have a good weekend!
Mrs. B




No comments:
Post a Comment