Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Subtraction Project

Subtraction Project

We are working hard on adding and subtracting at school!

We have been playing a lot of guessing games. The kids use subtraction to figure out how many I am hiding under something or behind my back.

For example:

I have 10 crayons. I hide some behind my back. I ask, “How many crayons are behind my back?” The kids count how many crayons that they can see in my hand. They put up 10 fingers and take away / put down those fingers for how many crayons that they see. This gives them the number of crayons I am hiding!

Here is the project:

Bring in 10 of something from your house. All ten objects must fit into the small lunch sac, a small zip loc, etc.

The kids will work with a partner and play the guessing game!

They can hide some of their objects behind their back and have their partner guess how many they have behind their back using subtraction!

Please bring in 10 items in a bag on Friday, May 20th!

Thanks,

Mrs. Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment