Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas to all of the Kindergarten families! Please have a wonderful break and enjoy the time with your kids!

They sure had fun today at school this week.

Monday we wrote letters to Santa.
I gave their letters to the mailman at school and told him to give them to Santa. We talked about letter parts and what goes into writing a nice letter. They had to practice tracing and writing letters. In the afternoon we went to Mr. Wyler's classroom.
We watched the Polar Express!!!!

We worked on a project where we had to put the Polar Express Story parts in the right order. They did a great job! At the end of the day, Grace and Keeley found a bell in their pockets!!! WOW! The rest of the kids RACED to their coats to discover a bell in
their coat pockets too! Santa had left a bell for everyone! Boy were they excited! The bells were a huge hit!

This morning we had a sing-a-long with the HS and Jr. High choirs. The kids really enjoyed it. (They also enjoyed the band last week!!)

We came back to the room to make a reindeer.
Then the 6th grade buddies came down. They made a reindeer for each K student. They gave the kids reindeer food and a poem.
Don't forget to put out the food for the reindeer!!! We read a Polar Express Book too.

This afternoon - whoa - what an afternoon. We went to music and guess who came to visit? Santa Claus! He came to tell us he had received his letters. He read the letter to each of the students and gave them their letter with a piece of candy taped to it. I have pictures that I will post later. (Every time I try to upload them into a slide show - the computer crashes!)

After Santa, we came up to our room where we made reindeer antler headbands, a pine cone ornament, ate snacks and cookies, and played games. The kids sure had a lot of fun!

Thank you to all the parents that helped and contributed in some way with the party. It wonderful just as the Fall Harvest Party was.

Thank you to all parents and children that graciously gave me a present! I truly appreciate it and love having your child in my classroom! I am so proud of them and am excited to see them learn and grow! How far they have come!

To all - have a Merry Christmas! I will see you on January 4th!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment