Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday News

Dear Parents,

Interims:
I sent home interims with your child. You may keep your white papers with the grades on it at home. I just need you to send back the envelope to school signed. I put a Christmas stamp by the #2 for interims by where you need to sign. If you have any questions or concerns - let me know.

For some kids - I thought long and hard about their grades. I have defiantly have seen some improvement since the last grading period. They know more of their letters and are beginning to read!!!! WOW!! Some of the kids that had a harder time sounding out the letters are starting to get it! I am soooo proud of them! Way to go! I wanted to give them an S on their grade card to show their success and learning!

Homework:
I listened to most of the kids read their list and their Santa's Vacation. We had a special treat with having some 5th grade helpers today! Each student got to read with the big kids! They sure loved that! We also had some other visitors over for snack - Mrs. Jamison's class. With the chaos of 40 Kindergartners - we didn't get to the rest of the lists to read. But they sure had fun with our visitors.

I sent home for next week: Reading Practice List 8 and a new book, "I Like Christmas". I also sent home some HW for the letter B.

I would like your input on the week that we come back from break. Would you like me to get your child's HW ready to have over break? I am worried that it will get lost for those weeks if it was sent home. Would you like the HW over break, or just wait till we come back? What would work best for you?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment